A BRIEF HISTORY OF RELIGION IN ART. WATCH THE VIDEO A BRIEF HISTORY OF RELIGION IN ART;
- WHAT IS ANICONISM? When we consider visual culture, it is important to consider commonalities which exist or have existed in the past. The video clip states that all of the major religions of today once practiced aniconism. What is aniconism?
- The video clip goes on to describe “It might also be said that the history of what we call art is a conversation that continues on, as our contemporary present passes on to become some future generation’s classical past.” It further states that “if we are so inclined, we might even start to see every work of art as a complementary part of some undefined, unified whole of past human experience, a trail that leads right to our doorstep, and continues on with us and is open to anyone who wants to explore it.”
I hope that you will continue to explore and participate in the world of art. Though we cannot attend the MFAH together, you are welcome to visit the MFAH free of charge, if you bring your student ID, and a copy of your assignment. Currently, because of COVID- 19 there are special rules . To visit MFAH (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
Links to the MFAH MFAH HOME (Links to an external site.)
SELECT ONE OF THE INTRODUCTIONS TO RELIGION TO COMPLETE, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO STUDY ALL OF THE MATERIALS, ONLY THE ONE RELIGION WHICH YOU SELECTED TO STUDY.
F YOU SELECT HINDUISM: AFTER READING THROUGH THE MODULE MATERIALS ON HINDUISM SELECT THE LINK BELOW:
THENLink TO (Links to an external site.) EXPLORE THE BACKGROUND AND TIMELINE
- WHAT DO WE LEARN OF HINDUISM FROM THE BHAGAVAD GITA?
- WHO IS KRISHNA AND HOW DO WE RECOGNIZE HIM IN HINDU PAINTING AND SCULPTURE?
- WHAT DOES KRISHNA SHOW TO ARJUNA WHEN HE APPEARS IN HIS TRUE GODLY FORM