A Jehovah’s Witness Patient. For this assignment, create a PowerPoint presentation based on the following case study.
Read the following case study and answer the questions presented.
Case Scenario 2: A Jehovah’s Witness Patient on page 77
In attempting to address Mr. Jackmon’s case, ask yourself the following questions if you are the nurse caring for Mr. Jackmon:
- Where am I on the staircase concerning this patient? How can I move to the next level?
- How familiar am I and the nursing and medical staff with the religious beliefs, values, and attitudes of people who are Jehovah’s Witnesses?
- What significant differences exist in followers’ health beliefs and other Christian traditions? How different is this religion from my own?
- What feelings and attitudes do I have about Mr. Jackmon’s beliefs about receiving blood?
- How helpful are these attitudes toward the development of cooperative interaction between myself and the patient?
- Are there alternative ways of treating this patient’s hemoglobinemia?
- On what religious beliefs does Mr. Jackmon base his refusal of blood, despite his need for it?
- From whom could the nursing staff gain more insight into the patient’s healthcare beliefs?
- What strategies might be useful in meeting the physiological and psychological needs of this patient?
- What resources might the nursing staff utilize to assist them in meeting this patient’s needs?
Your presentation should be at least 15 slides (not including title, objectives, and references slides) with detailed notes for each slide, including audio. Be sure to answer all the questions completely. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Include at least three (3) graphics. Support your content with citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end.
Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations by going to the Writing and Resource center, Module 3: Assignments, Microsoft, and utilizing Microsoft Overview and the Creating a Quality PowerPoint video.
Length: at least 15 slides; answers must thoroughly address the questions clearly and concisely. Audio must be included.
Title slide (1 slide)
Content slide (15 slides)
References (1 slide)
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.