Address some aspect of social media use in the workplace.
- Video Walkthrough
Watch the PowerPoint Presentation Assignment Video Walkthrough. for this assignment.
Note: The specific book information referenced in the video has changed. Refer to the following assignment instructions for correct page numbers in BCOM, 9th edition. Individual sections may have different policies regarding submitting work early for review. Please check with your professor.
Develop a PowerPoint presentation of 12–18 slides including a title slide, an agenda slide, body content slides, a conclusion slide, and a references slide if applicable. All slides count toward the required length.
The content should focus on some aspect of social media use in the workplace, such as the importance of companies embracing social media, advertising through social media, policies involving social media, or proper professional communication through social media platforms.
The presentation must be submitted in .PPT or .PPTX format. Any other submission formats will be returned ungraded.
The PowerPoint presentation must adhere to the following requirements:
- Address some aspect of social media use in the workplace.
- Organize the presentation clearly and logically.
- Include 12–18 total slides.
- Assume your target audience is familiar with the overall concept of social media.
- Open with an engaging introduction, including one title slide and one introduction slide.
- Cover the main points of your subject in the body of your presentation with slides that illustrate and reinforce your main ideas.
- Conclude with a single slide containing a memorable wrap-up statement that refocuses on the purpose of your presentation.
- Follow the design requirements from Chapter 12 (pages 218–223) in BCOM 9th edition.
- Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide, and two or three relevant, judiciously placed graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.) in the presentation, ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from 18 feet away.
- Clarity and Mechanics:
- Focus on clarity, writing mechanics, and professional language and style requirements.
- Run spelling and grammar check before submitting.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Slides should cite any relevant outside sources in SWS format (which requires in-text citations on slides and a references slide at the end of the presentation).
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop presentation skills for use in the professional environment.
- Institution Release Statement