Compare and contrast your analysis of Universal Ethnic Identity Scale.
This assignment is a reflection and analysis of your personal racial, ethnic, and cultural identity. For this assignment, you will write a paper of 4–5 pages (excluding the cover page and references list).
You are expected to complete the following:
- Describe your own race, ethnicity, cultural influences, traditions, beliefs, and values:
- Support your description of your identity with at least three peer-reviewed journal articles published in the last 5 years that discuss racial identity development, ethnic identity development, or cultural identity development. Use the Capella Library and search for three peer-reviewed journal articles related to the identity you describe. (For example, key word search for Latino and identity model or Hispanic and cultural identity development models.)
- Identify and discuss factors that influenced how you view yourself (background, experiences, cultural traditions, parental and family relationship, education, and workplace):
- Support your description of factors that influenced your view of self with findings from your Internet search in Unit 1.
- Consider and analyze how the two domains above have affected your interactions with others, paying particular attention to culture and diversity issues and cultural competence:
- Support your analysis with a summary of findings from Universal Ethnic Identity Scale (UEIS) in Unit 1 and the self-assessment in Unit 3.
- Compare and contrast your analysis of Universal Ethnic Identity Scale (UEIS) and self-assessment with one of the following additional assessments:
- Everyday Multicultural Competencies/Revised Scale of Ethnocultural Empathy.
- Cultural Competence Self-Assessment Tool.
- Times New Roman, 12-point, and double-spaced.
- Include a cover page, page numbers, and a running head.
- It is acceptable to write in the first person for this assignment.
- Cite at least three sources.
- Use the current APA style and formatting, particularly for citations and references.