Describe how a performance management system is different from an annual performance appraisal.. Assignment 2
Due by 11:59 pm (EST) Saturday, February 20, 2021 (02/20/21)
Please read ALL directions below before starting this assignment. I appreciate it!
- Develop each answer to the fullest extent possible, discussing the nuances of each topic and presenting your arguments logically.
- In addition, include citations from the class content resources in weeks 1-6 to support your arguments.
- Each answer should be robust and developed in-depth.
- You are expected to demonstrate critical thinking skills as well as an understanding of the issues identified. Some questions may also require personal reflection and practical application Your responses will be evaluated for content as well as grammar and punctuation.
- All writing must be your original work. PLEASE do not copy or quote anything. Sources are just that, a reference. Once you locate the information, read and interpret the data. What does it mean to you? Type your own thoughts and own words. Then, include in-text citations to support your ideas. This is not a research paper.
o Include a Cover Page with Name, Date, and Title of Assignment.
- Do not include the original question, only the question number.
- Each response should be written in complete sentences, double-spaced and spell-checked. Use 12-point Times New Roman font with 1-inch margins on all sides. Include page numbers according to APA formatting guidelines.
- In addition, you will want to include citations in APA format at the end of each answer. Include a minimum of 3 references for each answer. References must be from class materials.
Training and development are not always mutually exclusive, though they do have a different focus. Though training programs tend to be focused on improving employee performance in a current job, they may also be preparing employees for future assignments/jobs. In your own words, describe and provide at least one example of each of the following:
a) the difference between employee development and training programs;
b) how training programs can be used to support employee development;
c) how training and development support career planning.
A) Describe how a performance management system is different from an annual performance appraisal. What are some of the negative impacts of poorly conducted performance appraisals? Why is it important to balance positive and constructive feedback? Support your position with specific examples and evidence.
B) Discuss your personal experience with performance evaluations. How were your performance goals established? Was it limited to an annual appraisal or was there ongoing feedback? How did these factors influence your performance and motivation?
A) First, define and then discuss the term “security” with respect to today’s workplace.
Then, discuss in detail at least two actions an employer can take to minimize the risk of bullying and at least two actions to reduce workplace violence.
B) What are some other security concerns organizations face and how can these risks be mitigated? Discuss at least three risk mitigation strategies.