Does your organization have a digital engagement policy?.
Week 9 DiscussionCOLLAPSE
Your weekly materials emphasize the importance of a strong digital engagement policy. Your organization’s online presence plays a major role in shaping the company’s brand and reputation. As Laura Brown reminds us, your primary objective in using social media is to provide value for anyone looking to do business with you. For the policy to be effective, however, you and your colleagues must be aligned around it.
Considering the course materials for this week, reflect on your current or most recent organization’s digital engagement. Use the prompts below to organize your thoughts:
- Does your organization have a digital engagement policy? If so, how effective is it? If not, how should the organization create one?
- In what ways does your own professional online presence align with that of your organization?
- How do you use social media to promote your own personal brand? How often do you update your accounts with accomplishments or newsworthy developments?
- What topics do you post about or comment on most frequently? What topics do you avoid posting about or commenting on? Explain why.
- After completing this course, what do you plan to change about your presence on social media?
Post your initial response by Wednesday, midnight of your time zone, and reply to at least 2 of your classmates’ initial posts by Sunday, midnight of your time zone.