Examine how human service professionals are addressing the issues identified with the aging population in the article.. Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapter 7: Gerontology: Human Services with Older Adults. In addition, find an article within the University of Arizona Global Campus Library or from the Recommended Resources listed for this course addressing the current issue of the aging adult. The aging population has issues such as being a parenting grandparent, depression, elder abuse, exposure to ageism, dementia (and levels of care), what constitutes successful aging, non-traditional and traditional retirement, aging and healthcare costs, and substance abuse in aging.
In your paper,
- Summarize the article.
- Discuss the service delivery explored in the article.
- Examine how human service professionals are addressing the issues identified with the aging population in the article.
- Analyze the recommendations for service delivery as outlined in the article.
The Article Review: Current Issues in Aging paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) based on an article from 2011 to present and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper (bold and with a space between the title and the rest of the information)
- Student’s name, followed by institution name (“University of Arizona Global Campus”)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least one scholarly source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.