Investment in the realm of quality. BUSINESS INTEGRATION AND STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
1. A firm has many goals and a set of _____ that shape the achievement of the goals.
2. The difference between goals and objectives is that goals are ____ and objectives are ____.
3. The five stage strategic management process is comprised of mission and vision, objectives, strategy formulation, _____, and _____.
4. Cinnabon and Kopi Luwak are examples of a _____ strategy.
5. Checkers Drive In and Redbox are examples of a _____ strategy.
6. Strategic leadership is about _____ in the process of exploiting opportunities.
7. Ken Olson of DEC failed to _____ the change occurring in the industry, focused too much on engineering precision, and brought about the downfall of the company.
8. Organizational change is any ____ that requires a change in ____ .
9. Strategic leaders can mitigate people-oriented resistance to change by ____.
10. Leaders can mitigate take-oriented resistance to change by aligning _____.
11. Segmentation is the process of dividing a _____ market into _____ clusters, each of which have some common characteristics.
12. Positioning maps show ____ of brands versus competing brands on important buying decisions.
13. Which of the following is most likely to lead to customer loyalty?
Reducing the effort required by customers
14. Service quality is characterized by intangibility, heterogeneity, and _____.
15. Service quality is a comparison between ____ and ____.
16. The three key elements of enterprise performance management are ______, processes, and people.
17. A low performance orientation with low psychological safety leads to _____.
18. A low performance orientation with high psychological safety leads to _____.
19. A strategy map outlines the _____ along each of the four dimensions of the balanced scorecard.
20. Supply Chain Management flows are comprised of product or service flows, data and information flows, and ____.
21. The three step continuous improvement methodology is comprised of Assess, ____, and ____.
22. The Japanese Method of continuous improvement is called ____.
23. At the heart of the Six Sigma is the ____ process.
24. DMAIC is an acronym for Define, Measure, Analyze, ____, and _____.
25. The focus of Lean is a bias for ____ while the focus of Six Sigma is a bias for ____.
26. Inbound logistics is sometimes synonymously used with _____.
27. Operations refers to the transformation process of converting ____ into _____.
28. In terms of value chain integration, leadership provides the mission, vision, _____, and _____.
29. In terms of the value chain concept, the ultimate differentiator is ______.
30. Firms following a differentiation strategy need to focus on ______.
Innovation and marketing
31. _____ is a support activity of the value chain.
32. While evaluating alternatives, one needs to look at whether the proposed course of action is legal, ethical, ____, and _____.
33. Organizations are generally good at strategy_____ but fail at strategy ____.
34. According to Ansoff, a firm that introduces new products into new markets is engaged in____.
35. Suppose INTEL acquires its competitor AMD. This would be an example of _____.
36. Return on investment in the realm of quality denotes the ratio of ____ to ____ resulting from the improvement initiatives.
37. The three major perspectives along which segmentation is carried out are demographic, ____ and _____.
38. People resist change due to several factors. One of the factors is the perception that change _____.
39. An adaptive strategic leader combines resoluteness with _____.
40. APPLE having their showrooms and retail outlets with experts to help customers is an example of______.
41. Helpful techniques to define a problem are flow charts to depict the process and ____ to identify the root cause.