Mastering the Challenge of Leading Change (linked in Resources) and respond.
Mastering the Challenge of Leading Change (linked in Resources) and respond
Part 1: Stages of Reactions
Using this unit’s reading in your Organizational Change: An Action-Oriented Toolkit text, respond to the following:
- Describe briefly a change situation that you are familiar with (or talk to a friend or relative about a change situation).
- Identify the different phases of change, pointing out what was happening during each phase.
- Describe how people worked their way through the change situation.
- Identify what the leader(s) did or could have done to better help individuals navigate through the phases. Note: If it is helpful, you can attach a facsimile of the table in the Toolkit Exercise 7.2.
Part 2: Building Trust
For this discussion, consider the eight practices for building trust as outlined in Chapter 9 of Mastering the Challenge of Leading Change (linked in Resources) and respond to the following:
- Identify specifically which tactics would be most effective in your organization.
- Identify which tactics would be ineffective or even counterproductive.
- Explain what is missing from the list of practices. What additions would you recommend to the list?