Prophecies concerning the Tribulation and the second coming of Christ. 5. According to Erickson, baptism is the outward sign of “spiritual circumcision” identifying the believer with Christ in His death and resurrection.
6. Michael Brown’s conclusion in the book Can You Be Gay and Christian? is that a Christians can be committed to Jesus and serve Him faithfully while still having homosexual attractions—recognizing those attractions as contrary to God’s design and resisting them as sinful.
7. Biblical Images of the Church as discussed by Erickson include: (Select the BEST answer)
8. Egalitarians teach that women in the New Testament functioned without limits in a leadership role as prophets.
9. Erickson agrees that a distinction is to be made between the use of “Hades” as signifying “death,” and “Gehenna” as signifying the place of eternal punishment assigned at the last judgment
10. Just as there are degrees of reward given to the saints, there will be degrees of punishment according to the teachings of Erickson and Hoyt.
11. The verdict at the judgment seat of Christ will be based on the believer’s works done in the body.
12. Hoyt teaches that the Judgment seat of Christ
13. According to Erickson Romans 6: 1– 11 is crucial to the sacramentalists’ view of baptism, because in their interpretation of this passage, baptism actually unites us with Christ.
14. Evangelical Egalitarians tend to hold:
15. According to Erickson, Heaven and Hell represent permanent conditions where
16. Erickson argues that the form the People of God took in the OT was national Israel; in the NT it is the church which began at Pentecost.
17. Erickson concludes that, in the end, the best pattern for church government argue