Repeated Measures ANOVA.
Weekly Discussion 2
Article Critique: Repeated Measures ANOVA
The readings for this week focus on the concepts of basic ANOVAs, including one-way and repeated measures ANOVA. In this discussion we will apply those concepts to the review and critique of a research article. For information on how to critique a research article, see the Coughlan et al. (2007) and UIS (n.d.) guides listed in the Required Readings for this week.
Read the following article.
- Lee, M., & Johnson, T. E. (2008). Understanding the effects of team cognition associated with complex engineering tasks: Dynamics of shared mental models, Task-SMM, and Team-SMM. Performance Improvement Quarterly, 21 (3), 73-95. doi: 10.1002/piq.20032
In the body of your posting, include an overview of the following topics:
- Research question – List the research question for the study.
- Hypotheses – List the statistical notation and written explanations for the null and alternative hypotheses for the study.
- Methods and Study Design – Describe the basic methods used, including the variables, sampling methods, data collection, etc.
- Data Analysis – Summarize the statistical tests conducted, the results obtained from each test, and conclusions regarding the hypotheses.
- Critique – Critique the results of the study, paying specific attention to the appropriateness of the analyses conducted, any biases or assumptions that were made, practical significance of the results, and recommendations for improving upon the study (methods or analyses). • Summary – Provide a brief summary of the study’s findings in 2-3 sentences. Do not use any numbers or statistical terms, but provide a review that would make sense to someone who has not studied research methods or statistics.