review a peer’s work and post your feedback. READ.
Week Three – Peer Review
You may find the discussion board rubric here: Discussion Board Rubric Discussion Board Rubric – Alternative FormatsIn this week’s discussion, you will post two pages of your final portfolio: Introductory Page and Professional Philosophy (based on your Week 1 Blog). You will then review a peer’s work and post your feedback.
Module 16 pp. 271 – 274
The following Portfolios were created outside the Blackboard platform, but they are a good example of the content and tone you may consider for your portfolio. (You may look for others on the web related to your specific field.) Consider which stands out to you and what would you like to imitate. Note: Some use Wix, a platform you may also use.
- http://hannahlynnes.wixsite.com/hannahsims – Nursing
- http://patiencemarsh.wixsite.com/portfolio – Hospitality Management
- https://eeu0001.wixsite.com/emily-unwin – Nutrition and Dietetics
- https://portfolium.com/EdwardLiu89 – Computer Science
- http://wsenn0.wixsite.com/wsennportfolio – Health Sciences
- https://lagcc-cuny.digication.com/george_donald_ep_scholars_fall2014/AboutMe/ – Accounting
CREATE and POST
Complete both parts in the same post.Part 1: Discuss some of the Portfolios above. Which ones stood out, and why? Which ones did not stand out, and why? Which ones would you like to imitate? How can you make yours even better than theirs?Part 2: Post two artifacts (pages) from your Final Portfolio in progress.
- Introduction: The first page of your Final Portfolio is an introduction to the readers. It should provide an overview of your professional goals and the path you have set to lead you to success. It can also include as much (or as little) personal information as you care to share. (see Final Portfolio instructions).
- Professional Philosophy: This was drafted in Week 1 Blog. You should review the statement, revise it, and post along with your introduction.
No Attachments. Please post directly into the discussion text box. While no specific word count is required, this is a upper level class, and you are expected to provide full, meaningful responses.
Review to two peers’ comments and their portfolio items. Specifically address the following areas of your peers’ posts:
- Style and Tone: Is the tone appropriate? Who do you think the audience is, based on the tone?
- Content: Does the content provide enough information to get a feel for the individual?
- Grammar and Mechanics: Is the content easy to read? Is it error free?
- Feedback: What suggestions do you have for peer to strengthen the portfolio pages?
MANAGEPart of your grade for this course will require you to “manage” your thread. During Week Three,
- Check your own thread for replies from your instructor and peers
- Select some of the key responses from your peers and reply to them
- Reply to questions your instructor has.
Post across three days at a minimum. Be sure to check your post during the week for replies from your peers and your instructor. Responses to additional questions from your instructor are required.