World War I demonstrated the continued creativity of the Era of Invention..
Week 8 Discussion
Please respond to one of the following, using the resources from this week’s Learn and those below as the basis of your response:
- Write for one minute using the stream of consciousness writing method. (Note: You may also type it offline and copy it within this discussion thread.)
- Describe your experience and your reaction to what you wrote.
- Of the samples of the stream of consciousness technique given in this week’s chapters, determine which you prefer and explain the reasons why.
- Of the various authors, artists, and musicians who participated in the Harlem Renaissance, identify the person whose autograph you would most want and explain the reasons why.
- Select one work by the artist that you believe showcases the individual’s skills.
- Provide one example that illustrates the reason why you selected the person that you did.
- World War I demonstrated the continued creativity of the Era of Invention.
- Choose 1 military and 1 medical invention that played a role in WWI.
- Why were they important in WWI? Are they still important in our world today?
- Your book has a great section on the growth of Hollywood. We took a look at women in film last week.
- This week, choose a male power figure within the Hollywood silent film scene. How did he achieve his status within Hollywood? How was his experience different from that of the women we studied last week?
- How did America change the international film business?
- Chapter 35 (pages 1163–1166) and Chapter 36 (page 1189), stream of consciousness—background and samples.
- dVerse Poets Pub’s Stream-of-Consciousness Writing.
- The Write Practice’s 3 Reasons to Write Stream of Consciousness Narrative and Literary Devices: Stream of Consciousness.
- Chapter 36 (pages 1172–1180).
- Review Week 8 music.
- The History Channel’s Harlem Renaissance.